Yesterday was my good friend Sadie's birthday. (this girl) We've been friends since I moved to Alamo in Kindergarten. (schnuckles) I remember getting on the bus with her and the Wilson's at Logan's. (SKS club) We've been through a lot of rough times together. (Barbara and Louise) But all those tough times made us even better friends. (SUPERSTARS!!) I could go on and on (nice cheetohs!) about all the inside jokes Sadie and I have together, (be back in a shake) but I really just want to wish her a happy belated birthday. (Well, see ya later.) Love you Sades! HA!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful dinner with Evan's family. I was successful with cooking the monster turkey that was so recently eating all our chicken feed. It was delicious. I was a little nervous about being in charge of cooking the bird, but it turned out great. Hope you all had an enjoyable day.
Posted by Zinser Photography at 9:49 PM
Sunday, November 23, 2008
I pulled out the pictures of when Iris was born and found that picture I knew I had of her kiss face. And I also found the one of her right after her bath in the hospital. Also very similar to the one of Donevan. Fun stuff!
Posted by Zinser Photography at 11:05 AM
Friday, November 21, 2008
Since the holidays are right around the corner, we know many of you are considering family portraits. Well, we have a way for you to get those portraits for free!
Host a Photography Party!
Receive free photos for yourself and your guests get a discounted rate.
For hosting a Photography Party you will receive:
No sitting Fee
30 minute photo session
2-8x10’s and 1-11x14
High resolution cd of all photos
Copy release letter so you can print as many photos as you like.
How it works:
As host, you invite at least 4 other individuals or families.
These guests pay a small sitting fee and are designated a time slot for their photo session.
They come and enjoy snacks and drinks and have their portraits taken professionally.
For the $125 sitting fee that is paid by the guest they will receive:
30 minute photo session
High resolution cd of all photos
Copy release letter to allow them to print as many photos as they like.
Photos can be outdoors or we bring the studio to your home!
A fun way to save money on portraits and have a party at the same time!
Please contact us and we can book your party now!
Posted by Zinser Photography at 1:00 PM
I've mentioned before that Iris has a thing for shoes... but now she loves getting my shoes and putting them on and walking around. She is actually pretty good at walking in them. She thinks she is pretty hot stuff. And you can tell that we take a lot of pictures of her because she has started grinning at the camera and saying cheese whenever we go to take a picture.
Posted by Zinser Photography at 10:55 AM
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Donevan had his two week check-up and has gained back his birth weight plus 7 oz so he is now 7 lbs 14 oz and also grew half an inch putting him at 21 inches. The doctor said he is very healthy. Last night he decided that since he slept most of the day, he would be awake during the night. Not so much fun, but I can't really complain, he is such a good baby. I'm just glad that he is healthy and happy.
I have a picture of Iris that is almost identical to this one. I love the kiss faces.
Posted by Zinser Photography at 9:15 AM
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Today is our 4th anniversary. So I am going to take this time to tell you all why I love Evan so much.
1. He is the hardest working person I know. Being self employed has put a lot of pressure on the both of us to do our part. I thank Evan for always doing more than his part. He is always going above and beyond and always has the best ideas for how to better our business.
2. He is so smart. Like I said before, he is always coming up with new ways to better our situation. I admire the way his mind works. I know he gets frustrated with me sometimes for not coming up with new ideas and I am working on that, but his ideas are always so great.
3. He is an amazing dad. He has been great with Iris and I can see the love he has for Donevan. He is always concerned for their health and well-being. It's obvious to see how much Iris loves her Daddy.
4. He is handy. The home we live in is the way it is because of him. He has put so much work into the home and yard. He has made it a place we love to be. I am thankful that he has the talent and knowledge of how to fix things.
5. He loves the outdoors. Some of my favorite memories of us involve being outside. Camping and fishing and just going for walks.
6. He loves animals. I have always been a big animal lover and I am thankful that he loves them as much as me. Our 2 dogs, 2 cats, goat, chickens etc. I'm sure appreciate his love as well. I always wanted lots of animals and I am grateful that he is willing to get them for me.
7. He is strong spiritually. He is close to the Lord and understands the need to keep the Lord a part of our home. I am so very grateful to be able to spend the rest of eternity with him.
8. He is so caring. Helping other people is something that comes naturally to him. He is always thinking of others.
9. He is very prompt. My biggest pet peeve is tardiness. I can't stand when people are late. I believe is a total disrespect of other people's time. So I am very grateful that Evan shares my value of time and is always on time if not early.
10. He is completely devoted. When he starts something he puts his whole heart into it. Whether it's a project around the house or the care of a family member, he gives it his all.
These are just a few of the reasons, but I just wanted everyone to know that I love this man and look forward to making so many more wonderful memories with him.
Happy Anniversary Evan! I love you with all my heart and am so blessed to have you in my life.
Posted by Zinser Photography at 9:00 AM
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Here are a few of my favorites from the big day.
Ready to have the baby. Waiting is the hardest part. We went in at 5:00am and by the time I got all hooked up to the machines and iv's it was about 6:00. My doctor broke my water at about 7:30. I started getting really bad contractions and the epidural came at about 10:30. After that I got a little rest and about 12:15 I could feel really strong pressure like he was halfway out already. The doctor came in and said I could go ahead and push. Two big pushes and his head was out.
Another two pushes and he was here. It went so fast. At 12:31 we welcomed Donevan into the world. He was happy and healthy and started eating right away. I felt great. Tore a tiny bit, but not enough to need stitches. I haven't really been too sore. I guess the body heals faster with the second. Now if I can just get rid of the belly!
Love at first sight.
The adoring parents.
Our first family photo. Iris didn't really want to be around me. She didn't like all the weird things coming out of my arm, and the different place we were in.
Aren't those the cutest little feet you've ever seen?
My handsome little man.
Iris was so funny when she was looking through the window at the nursery. She would smash her face up against it and just laugh. What a goofball!
After his first bath.
Posted by Zinser Photography at 10:22 AM
Friday, November 7, 2008
Our newest little addition made his appearance at 12:31 yesterday afternoon. He weighed in at 7 lbs 7oz and was 20.5 inches long. We named him Donevan Craig Zinser. I will be putting some pictures on soon. He is an angel and eats like a champ. So far those are his outstanding talents...eating and sleeping. Stay tuned for more.
Posted by Zinser Photography at 3:42 PM
Monday, November 3, 2008
I just got my bag ready for the hospital. It's really starting to sink in now. Evan made it home last night so our little one can come any time now. I am getting really excited. There's a few more things I need to do like rearrange our room a little to fit the bassinet and get the rocking chair out of Iris' room. But for the most part we are ready. Thanks again to all who have given us things to get ready for him. Especially Jim and Kelly with all those boy clothes. I guess it helps to have doubles of everything. I am just so anxious to meet him.
Posted by Zinser Photography at 11:01 AM